Tax Calculators

Please try our wide variety of interactive financial problem solvers. Simply enter your criteria and you'll get your questions answered with dynamic graphs and personalized reports.

Self-Employed Retirement Plan Maximum Contribution Calculator

Compensation for a self-employed individual (sole proprietor or partner) is that person's 'earned income.'* The starting point to determine the individual's earned income is the net profit amount from the Schedule C (or Schedule K-1 for a partnership). Use this calculator to determine your maximum contribution amount for a Self-Employed 401(k), SIMPLE IRA and SEP.

*Earned Income = Net Profit - 1/2 of Self-Employment Tax - Contribution

Plan Information

Featured Articles